Friday, May 11, 2012

Makeover Artist: The Pirate's Bastard's Amazing Cover Designer, Sonia Crouse

I'm getting excited! Remember I told you my first book was getting a much-needed makeover? Well, it's about ready.

The new cover of The Pirate's Bastard second edition is fabulous! It includes a few of the outstanding five-star reviews the book has received so far, plus a lovely bit of art telling potential readers that the book was nominated for a Sir Walter Raleigh Award for fiction, a pretty big deal for historical fiction writers.


The cover designer, Sonia Crouse, is a wiz when it comes to creating covers (she's done my last three book covers). Her background is mixed media, and she's an incredibly talented artist and crafter. She's also a photographer, and ... I could go on about Sonia. She's from Malta, and I'm so thankful to have met her here in North Carolina (though she's about to head home to her island in a few weeks for an extended vacation. I offered to carry her bags ....). Sonia is also the publisher of a romance-inspired magazine called, Creating Vintage Charm. If you've not heard of it yet, you will soon!

The interior was designed by Shiloh Schroeder of Fusion Creative Works and I can't tell you how much of a difference her skills made in the overall look and readability of the book! It looks fantastic, from cover to cover. (The book also received a serious editing, which it needed.) I can't wait to share the book!

The second edition of The Pirate's Bastard will be out very soon. I'll share the cover and the links then!

No comments:

Post a Comment