Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Holiday Shop Stop was Fun

Mixing with vendors of Pampered Chef and other "home show" types, I had a great time at the Holiday Shop Stop on Saturday. I did sell books, but was actually dismayed about the number of people stopping by to say, "I don't have time to read."

After a few too many like that, I had to respond. "Perhaps you should turn off your T.V."

Blasphemy. It was just like I'd said a really bad word! After all the reports of the negative influences of television, I was surprised to get this kind of reaction. I'm naive, I suppose. I haven't owned a television since 1989. Don't miss it. Don't want it back. Sure, I watch an occasional movie on the weekends on the DVD, and that's enough! Why ruin a perfectly good night sitting through commercials when one could read a book? Or better yet, write one?

Okay, I'm off my soap box for now. I'm getting dizzy from the height.

No comments:

Post a Comment